At CODE Technology, we have a lot of clients who submit data to a handful of registries, with each registry having a very specific process regarding data population, format, requirements, etc. MARCQI is just one of these registries.
Here’s What You Need to Know if You’re Submitting Data to MARCQI
- MARCQI requires that you submit every PRO survey one question at a time. Even though the PROs are only seven to ten questions long, you’re looking at hours worth of work submitting all that data into their platform. Be sure to allocate enough time to make it happen.
- The PRO measures MARCQI requires are the PROMIS Global 10, KOOS JR, and HOOS JR. The registry also asks for three additional questions recommended by CMS and in 2018 they added new questions regarding opiods. The recommended intervals for PROs: Pre-Op, 3 Months, 1, 2, 5 and 10 Years Post-Op.
- In addition to PROs, MARCQI submission asks that you include surgical event data, implant device information, and clinical laboratory values.
- Participation in MARCQI is a requirement of the Blue Distinction Center (BDC) for Knee and Hip Replacement. Hospitals and surgery centers in Michigan performing a minimum of 200 TKA/THA procedures annually are also eligible.
How CODE Can Help – The MARCQI Data Export Wizard
To ease that burden for our clients, CODE developed a MARQCI data export wizard to make the process of formatting and submitting data a breeze. Automagically your data is formatted and exported to the exact specifics you need for MARCQI submission. This export configuration alone saves a ton of time. What used to take hours, now only takes minutes. It also eliminates the costs associated with having an “analog processor,” i.e. an employee to handle the data organization and submission process.
Here’s how the MARCQI Data Export Wizard Works in the CODE Platform
- Within the CODE Dashboard, navigate to the MARCQI Export page under the “More” tab.
- Select the survey, and export the file as a CSV
- Upload that CSV to the MARCQI database.
That’s it. Your data is now ready for you to submit to MARCQI, and all it took was a few clicks!
About CODE Technology
CODE Technology is a patient-reported outcome service that handles every aspect of PRO data collection for you as a service. We collect, store, report, and benchmark orthopedic PRO data for you. See how our platform works find out why code is different or request a demo to get started.